Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was a hard day. I was cranky, certain individuals who shall remain nameless but who also live in my house and are under 4 feet tall were cranky and the combination of the two was a little disastrous.

I kept going from annoyed, to angry to sorrowful and guilty for how I'd been angry and annoyed, and then back to annoyed again. After a really crazy morning of me behaving like a two year old and my two year old behaving like a two year old I decided we needed to get out of the house! Change of scenery, maybe that would make it all better.

At the little park by our house James was in heaven, running and playing in the sun was exactly what he needed but me, not so much. My heart was still hard towards the world, towards James, towards the role of motherhood, towards pretty much everything. Then two things happened.

1) One of my good friends sent me a text message with this verse in it.

"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. "
Zephaniah 3:17

It hit me like a Mack truck, the Lord my God is with me, like right now, in this moment when I am so frustrated. He is with me and wants to comfort and help me BUT I have to turn to him. I have to run straight to him and he will be mighty to save me from a dark day and from myself. He will bear my burden but I have to allow him to, I have to give it him, ask Jesus to carry me through.

2) Then James walked up to me and handed me these and said "Flowers pitty (pretty) Mommy."


Yes, yes they are, and you are a sweet boy. You are a sweet boy who is learning, a child who has folly bound up in his heart and it is my job to love you and teach you with kindness on my tongue, not frustration and anger.

So I praise the Lord for his word and the truth that it brings to my life and I praise the Lord for my sweet son who is learning right along with me.

1 comment:

  1. That's sweet Annie. Isn't it wonderful how He chooses these little moments to remind us of His patience, grace and unending love for us. And at just the perfect time, too. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete