Friday, March 12, 2010

It's the little things....

Have you ever noticed how sometimes it's the little things in a relationship that make you feel loved the most. Like when someone knows how you take your coffee, or when you're searching around the house for something and your husband hands you exactly what you've been searching for, no words exchanged, he just knew. Or how just a small bunch of simple flowers at the end of a hard day can fill your heart more than any extravagant gift ever could?

Well that's how it is with me and God too. Of course he has done some amazing and big things in my life. Things that blow my mind and bring to my knees in gratitude. But it's the everyday blessings, the small things that remind me of how he is ALWAYS with me and just like the perfect Father that he is, he knows me and loves me so well.

I was talking with a girlfriend about this the other day and I thought of a blessing that I hadn't even noticed until now. A little thing in the grand scope, but something that at the time was such a gift.

What I'm talking about is when James jumped, crashed landed more like, out of his crib a month before Will was born. I was as big as a house and not in the mood to deal with a little stunt man so we took off the crib railing and transitioned James into a big boy bed. At the time I thought it was more of a hassle than a blessing but that's often how I work, not seeing the whole picture until I'm further down the line.

At the time I was also having some anxiety about taking care of James after the c-section, specifically how I was going to pull him in and out of bed during the day when I wasn't supposed to be lifting anything. What I didn't see was that God knew my fear and he had already answered my prayer for help. He had made it so that James was already good and used to his big boy bed before Will ever arrived and even gave James the courage to learn to jump in and out with just a hand from Mommy. No lifting necessary.

What an amazing God we have, right?! It's the little things sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment