Friday, March 26, 2010

2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



James you are my sweet boy and today you are 2! I can't believe this is even possible. I feel like it was just yesterday that we were coming home from the hospital with a little eight pound bundle and now you're my "30 pounds of love," as I so often call you.

As a 2 year old boy there are so many things that I love about you, too many to write, but here are a few for you to read when you're a big man so you can have a little glimpse into the two year old you.

I love how you laugh and giggle, especially at lunch time when we sing made-up songs and cheers our milk.

I love your sweet spirit and your strong will and I am excited to see who you will be when you are a man.

I love how much you love your brother and how you're learning to be soft and gentle with him....even if you still try to sit on his head from time to time. ;-)

I love how you love Daddy too. I love how you and Daddy can sit for an hour building a Lego tower and somehow communicate in a Lego language that I think only boys understand.

I love how you so often run up to me, wrap your arms around my leg and say "HUG!"

I love that when I kiss you goodnight and whisper "I love you so much" in your ear, you whisper it back. You are a really sweet whisperer.

I love that when it's sunny outside and we go for a walk you will shout "Hi shadow!" because your Daddy taught you about shadows and now you love them.

I love that you ask me to sing the "Worship You" song and the "Honey" song and at the end of every verse you sing along.

I also love that you know the words to "Poncho and Lefty" and "How Deep the Father's Love For Us" because you sing them with Daddy before bedtime.

I love how much you love cars, trains, airplanes and anything else with a motor. Maybe someday you'll be a mechanic.

I love you my sweet 2 year old boy. Thank you for making me a mommy, this has been the hardest and most incredible journey of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment