Friday, March 5, 2010

Boys Room

I'm getting really excited about our boys sharing a room. Will is starting to sleep a lot longer at night so I have a feeling we'll be moving him into James room or the soon-to-be "The Boys Room" (doesn't that just sound fun!), soon.

With that in mind I've been day dreaming about what their room will (one day, hopefully) look like. Here's the plan.

Will in the crib, James in a twin bed (some day maybe a bunk for the boys to share since their room isn't very big) with one wall painted either a gray blue or a sort of minty lime green, not sure yet. Above James bed there will be a canvas on the wall with the verse that we used to dedicate him at church written on it and above Will's bed his verse.

James
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord, and turn away from evil." Proverbs 3:5-7

Will
"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."
Ephesians 3:14-19

Then on the wall that is painted I have an idea. I want to buy all the letters of the alphabet (craft stores have these in wood and cardboard) to hang them on the wall in alphabetical order. I'll paint all the letters black except the J and the W which will be painted white so that they stand out.


Ok that's all I've got for now but I'm getting excited about spring cleaning, organizing our closets, doing the boys room and getting rid of a lot of STUFF!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. What will you use to put so many words on the wall from the Scriptures? --mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canvases I think but I was also thinking I could buy some wood at the hardware store and paint those a solid color and then write out the scripture on the wood.....with Ryan's handwriting of course. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your ideas! Sounds super cute. And very thoughtful, Mama!

    ReplyDelete