Thursday, February 28, 2008

36 weeks!

I am just about 36 weeks pregnant (out of 40) and the end is near!

Today Ryan and I had an ultrasound where we got to see our little man again and find out how big he is. Initially our midwife thought that he might be a BIG boy but from the ultrasound today it appears that he is average size and weighing in at about 6 pounds 6 ounces...or at least that is their best guess.

Additionally we found out that I am 1 cm dialated and my cervix (I hate that word, sounds so clinical) is softening. According to the midwife this is all good news and basically means that my labor might not be as long as some women becuase my body is doing a little prep work.

On another note....this past month I gained 9 lbs!!!!!!!

If any of you have ever seen the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off then you will remember the line where Ed Rooney (principle of the high school) repeats over and over that Ferris has missed school "9 times" in the past semester. Anyhow, I now have that same voice going through my head saying "9 pounds, 9 pounds..." you get the picture.

Although this is more weight than I am used to gaining in one month I am at a healthy overall weight gain and the boy and I are both doing great.....also, my husband still thinks I'm beautiful and has even used the word sexy from time to time. I love you Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment