Friday, March 7, 2008

Family and Friends

Ryan and I were at our bible study this week and towards the end of the evening after we had wrapped up our discussion and prayed a final prayer we all moved onto chatting in the kitchen, as is often the case. It struck me later that night when I was getting ready for bed that the Lord has given Ryan and I an amazing gift that I often overlook…..the gift of great friends.

Ryan and I have both been blessed with very loving families who support us without question however both of our immediate families are at least a long car ride away and so our friends have become increasingly important. As I went to bed that night I couldn’t help but think about the remarkable people that the Lord has put in our lives in years past and specifically our wonderful Church family. I feel like God has really equipped us with a great support system of people who not only love and care for us but also for our unborn little man.

When we were in the kitchen chatting after group I looked at the people around me and thought about how I trust these people and I know that if we need help in any way with the baby or anything else, they will be at our side. A number of these people have already offered up their time for babysitting and have made it so clear that they cannot wait to become a part of our little guy’s life. They love our baby!

So, I thank the Lord for giving us a wonderful family but also a wonderful group of friends. We have been blessed with people that may not be blood related but that feel like family and love us and are willing to sacrifice for us as family does.

No comments:

Post a Comment