Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thank You

Lying on the guest bed in James room with a sleeping boy on my chest and for no discernible reason I began to cry. Overwhelmed with love for my son, tears streamed down my face and prayer and praise came out of my mouth.

Thank you Father for this boy and the amazing heart that you have given me for him; I would not be capable of this kind of love without your son Jesus who has taught it to me. Thank you Jesus for changing my heart. Thank you for teaching me patience and love. Thank you for forcing me to see my sin and my selfishness and then forgiving me daily when I fall on my knees at the foot of your cross.

The tears wouldn't stop but the boy didn't seem to notice. He breathed deeply in and out as I held him tighter and thanked my Lord for this precious gift.

Lord please prepare my heart for our new little blessing and thank you again, I love you more than anything.

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe you ever lived your life without him...that's how it will be with your second one too, a time will come when you will look at him/her and pray "Jesus, how did I ever live without this one? Thank you!"

    ReplyDelete