Wednesday, March 25, 2009

1 Year

Baby boy,

Tomorrow you are going to be one year old and I really can’t believe it. When we picked Daddy up from work today he recalled that at that same time last year he was driving home with the knowledge that I was in full blown labor and our life was about to change forever. Man was he right!

James you have changed me in ways that I cannot put into words. Just typing that sentence chokes me up and fills my eyes with tears as memories flood to mind. The Lord has used you little man to teach me patience, love and to help me see my sin and call me to repentance. I thank the Lord that he sanctifies us through our children; he is teaching me to be a better Mama to you and that I cannot do any of this without him.

Tonight when I put you to bed I cuddled you and prayed for you as I always do but I didn't stick to my normal prayers for you. I found myself thinking about your future and who you will become and praying for your wife, your kids and most importantly that you will always follow Christ.

You see James you’re dad and I don’t care if you become a doctor or a plumber. We don’t care if you travel the world or never leave your home town. We don’t care if you marry and have kids or live your life single. We don’t care about what you accomplish in your life but rather who you’re serving while you live. Our prayer for you now and always is that you will grow to be a mighty man of God who loves and serves Jesus and that you put your faith in Him.

I love you my little man and I am so amazed by who you are becoming. I am honored to be your mama and I promise I will always be here for you my son. Thank you for being my sweet boy.

1 comment: