Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Two Questions

1) Is it ok to use a knife (or any metal utensil) to fish toast out of the toaster after it has popped and the machine is clearly not on? I say yes however Ryan has asked me to never do this again after I scared the crap out of him when he saw me try the other day......I don't do it anymore but I wanted to get ya'lls opinion.

2) I normally have at least two black hair ties on my wrist which I occasionally use to tie up the end of food bags like chips or frozen veggies when I can't find a chip clip, is this disgusting or ok? (Yes the ties have been used in my hair but they don't actually have hair tangled in them, that would be gross.) I had never given it a second thought until Ryan told me the other day that it kind of grosses him out, thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. 1) Yes, but only if it's unplugged. My Great Grandpa Leys used to make toast grabbers carved out of wood...I'm sure you could find those somewhere!

    2) Travis once did a science experiment testing germs back in junior high and he always tells me how hair is like the dirtiest thing ever. So maybe buy some hair tyes just for this purpose...I think I'm going to have to go with Ryan on this one!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. totally agree with marcy. unplug the toaster and fish away!

    2. i have not seen any research on said germs. it would not disgust me. but if it disgusts ryan that may a) be a way to cut down chips in his diet, leaving more for you or b) be a good reason to stop and buy 2/$1 chip clips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the knife have an insulated handle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.) Unplug it and you'll be good. or I like Marcy's idea of wooden tongs, I've seen those somewhere before... can't remember where though.

    2.) Uh, well the germs in your hair really don't matter. In fact most germs on the exterior of the upper portion of your body are harmless unless you're immune compromised. (Notice careful phrasing) And there are a lot of those germs! It really doesn't matter about the germs on your hair-tie. All this being said, people who study microbes typically are the least worried about them. That'd be me. But... if it grosses Ryan out; like finding hair in your food at a restaurant, then I guess you already have an answer. Buy some more chip clips, twixits or twist ties. I'll check the dollar spot at Target next time. ;)

    Love you Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Shawn, no an insulated handle....I know I should know better.

    As for the chip clips, we actually have a bunch of them and paper clips if the chip variety runs out so I'll stop using my hair ties, promise.

    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) If mom saw you using a knife you would be in so much trouble. Stick to wood, or plastic knife. :)

    2) whatever's clever with the hair tie, but if Ryan is grossed out, then only do it to food items that you want to make sure he won't eat so that there is more for you. :)

    ReplyDelete