Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Addition

Well the work out video thing hasn't exactly been working out (pun intended) and I have recently felt that I need to get healthy, not super sexy and fit, but healthy. It has been way longer than I want to admit since I have been to a gym or done any consistent physical activity and I am feeling it. I don't have the energy that I once did and with a growing boy I want to be able to run after him and play, not sit on a park bench watching from a far.

So Ryan and I decided that since we have some free space in our two car garage, that is now only housing one car, we are going to build a very simple home gym and I am so excited!

We are trying to do the home gym thing as cheaply as possible so yesterday I flipped when I found an upright stationary bike (just what I wanted) in good condition for $45, woohoo! So I emailed the woman and within a few short hours it was in our garage..um..I mean our gym. :-)

Here she is, ain't she a beaut?



Also it sounds like we might be able to have/borrow a friend's weight bench and weights for free. It's all coming together.

Did I also mention that some of my fondest memories/silly times with Ryan have been when we used to work out or climb together? Well they were, which makes me doubly excited for what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment