Monday, April 19, 2010

Olive Oil

One of the many reasons why I love my husband is that he does the little things that are so big to me.

Today I go to grab the olive oil while I'm making dinner and remember that the bottle we have by the oven needs to be re-filled. I have a moment where I feel deflated and defeated because I remember that the BIG Costco jug of olive oil is in the garage (our pantry) downstairs and I am tired, watching two kids and not in the mood to run down and up again just for two tablespoons of oil. Ugh!

Then, like a beautiful gift wrapped in shiny paper I look at the bottle next to the oven and I literally almost cry.

My wonderful husband who knows how much I hate to re-fill the olive oil bottle had filled it to the brim (probably the night before) without saying a word to me. This sweet little gesture, this seemingly inconsequential act of kindness has put the wind back in my sails and made me fall in love with him all over again.

Thank you my Ry for the big and the small.

5 comments:

  1. ugh, this stuff GETS me. When Nick premakes the coffee for me, I'm almost in tears. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if Ryan could remember to check the oil in his car, he might be on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ryan and I love the way he loves my little girl. Ryan, you are wonderful. mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Annie..
    I'm Sajith..
    I had a look at your blog..
    It's really nice..
    Though it looks you moulded it for your family..
    Being God of Small things is rally a big big matter..
    In our busy life we often miss small things..
    It's a fact that small things are really the ones which gives us a bit relief and a bit of happiness in the time of distress and disambiguity..
    I think your husband is getting everything right..
    You are really lucky in this matter..
    My sincere wishes for you to enjoy your family life..
    Take care..
    I mean it..
    If your time allow then please
    follow me through The Skylark
    It's my journey though the valley of Loneliness
    It is an effort to overcome negative feelings of
    distress,grief and hatred,which haunts me like a splinter, with my pen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A small suggestion..
    Please enable comment moderation in your blog..
    Somebody may end up writing nasty things..

    ReplyDelete