Monday, April 12, 2010

Joy and Peace

I love it when I am reading my bible and the Lord just gives me a verse, a verse that I wasn't looking for but that speaks to me as soon as I lay eyes on it.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
in BELIEVING, so that by the power of the
Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." Romans 15:13

The back story on why this verse means so much to me today is far too weighty to explain right now but let's just say it's been a rough couple of weeks. Outside of the day to day difficulties I've been wading through some sin in my life and laying low at the foot of the cross asking Jesus to forgive me and soften my heart. As always, he is faithful to those who love him so we're getting through it but it isn't always easy.

Anyhow, for the past couple days it has felt like a new day. Jesus has lifted the burden of my sin off of my shoulders and gladly taken it upon himself and I am truly filled with JOY and PEACE. I have so much hope today in Jesus and his saving Grace. I want this verse to forever be written on my heart to remind me that the ONLY true joy I can ever experience comes first from the Lord, from knowing my Jesus.

"The one thing I ask of the Lord
the thing I seek most—
is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
delighting in the Lord’s perfections
and meditating in his Temple." Psalm 27:4

2 comments: