Friday, April 16, 2010

Jamesease

James is TALKING! This kid decided about a month ago that he would give sentences a whirl and since then he has been on a tear. I love hearing James talk, I love hearing what's on his mind but most of all I love hearing his little version of English, I call it Jamesease . Here are some of my favorites lately.

1) Anything with an -er ending becomes -ees. Example: Water = Watees, Otter = Ottees. Greatest example ever from our trip to the zoo. "Otees swim in da watees." Seriously, can you handle that cuteness?!

2) Instead of yummy I started telling him awhile back that things are delicious. James decided this was his new favorite word to describe food so everyday I hear "Deyicious milk. Mmm toast, deyicious." and yesterday he licked my hand (yeah the licking is a whole other story all together) and I heard "Deyicious Mommy." He's a little gross but I still love that kiddo!

3) Every night before bed Ryan reads James the "Animal book" which is basically an animal encyclopedia with lots of color pictures of animals. So from time to time Ryan isn't home to put James to bed and I have to do it instead, which means I have to do animal book time too. So last night I'm reading the animal book with James (which means flipping through the pages and pointing out the animals we know and talking about them) and he points to a picture of a mommy mouse with a bunch of baby mice and he says in the cutest voice ever "Ohhhhh, baby mouse!" Ok I will have to get this on video so you can get the full effect but it was flippin' hilarious!

4) Avocado (Which he loves and eats straight for some strange reason even though he won't touch mac-n-cheese, crazy kid!) is pronounced "Avacadi" in Jamesease.

5) Everything is "sea-e" which is Jamesease for silly. Mommy is silly, baby is silly, Daddy is most definitely silly and I'm guessing tomorrow his toast will both be deyicious and sea-e.

6) "Fick-a da road." So there was some construction going on below our house last week and a ton of road paving vehicles (steam rollers, dump trucks, cement mixers - the works!) were down there paving and rolling the road flat. So Ryan thought it would be fun to take James down to see all the trucks up close and personal as well as the police car that was parked nearby. When the guys came back home all James could tell me was that the _____(insert cool truck name here) was "fick-a da road". Now every time we see a cement mixer or a dump truck I hear "dump cuck (truck) ficka-da road" because of course they must all be fixing the road, right?

Ok that's all I got for now. I know there are a ton more James quotes that would have you on the floor but it's late and this Mama is tired. Nigh, nigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment