Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shoes

Have you ever seen a pair of shoes or even just one shoe on the side of the road and wondered "how'd that get there?" Well today I found out.

Sometimes moms are so busy with all of the details of life that a few small things slip through the cracks and all you can do is laugh at yourself and be thankful that you didn't forget something big....like your baby.

So today when I was putting James in his car seat to go visit Daddy at work I did my usual routine of holding one of his toys in my mouth above him while I buckle him in, as a distraction so he doesn't squirm out of his seat, and then I jumped in the car myself.

What I failed to remember was that I had just put James' shoes on top of the car because putting his shoes on (or putting anything on him, clothes, diaper etc.) is quite a chore these days with his squirmability, so I usually put them on when he is strapped down. Anyhow, you can see where this is going.

Fast forward about 30 minutes when I am with Ryan and I realize that James is just wearing socks. Suddenly it dawned on me and I busted up laughing not only because of what I had done but also because I am not a first time offender......some of you may remember the bible incident about 6 months back, don't worry I found it.

So I told Ryan what I had done and hoped that the shoes would be somewhere near our house. On the ride home I scanned the road for tiny blue shoes and there they were, a block from our house, on the side of the road and about 200 yards from each other, two tiny shoes.

So that is how shoes end up on the side of the road.

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny! Nice work tracking them down. You are a super-mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't finding those TINY shoes like a miracle?! I noticed that just one of Si's shoes was missing once when he was about 3 months old and we were at Ballard Mars. I was so bummed because they were the BEST shoes in the world! But of course I couldn't help laughing and just being so happy to have this precious baby boy who would lose and ruin almost everything as he grows and grows into a crazy, boyish boy! Let it go- that will be a good quote for me.

    Anyways, I found the itty bitty shoe sitting in the grass just a short ways away from the car! (which, of course, was at least a mile away from the building!) All was not lost. But seeing that little shoe waiting for me to find it was so rewarding! I love finding things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed you found the shoes. I wish I have a picture of you distracting the little man with a toy in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete