Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 Wrap Up

I apologize for not being a very good blogger lately. With Christmas and New Year's we have been driving all over the place and when I have been in front of a computer I have just been tired and unwilling/unmotivated to post.

Here are the highlights of our past couple weeks:

  • Christmas in Wenatchee with Nana and Papa. Unfortunately Aunt Meghann couldn't join us because of the crazy Washington weather. :-(
  • Ryan and I got to go to a movie....in the theater (Nana and Papa babysat) AND we had a lunch date all by ourselves. This was some much needed and much appreciated time alone together....I think I held Ryan's hand through the whole movie, which was almost 3 hours.
  • Watching James on Christmas morning.
  • Having Ryan home for two long weekends!
  • Re-organizing our living room and adding two chairs (gifted to us by Ryan's grandmother) to make it a cozy place to sit and talk.
  • Not watching TV. I'm not sure what has come over me but lately I have a strong dislike for TV. Even my beloved Food Network, which I once cherished, is now frustrating to watch. Perhaps this is the Lord's way of preparing me for January 16th, when the TV goes bye, bye. (more on that in another post)
  • Reading and praying. With Ryan home and very little work to do I was able to sit and read my bible and pray a lot more than normal. This was a very precious and convicting gift from the Lord.
  • Going to Canada to visit Ryan's grandparents. Yummy food and good company.
  • Re-organizing the office/playroom. Creating a great space for James and me to hang out during the day.
  • BABY GATES! We have a lot of stairs in our house and young James is now trying to test his limits and climb them, yikes! Ryan installed two more baby gates in the house making for a much safer environment for the little man to play in and a happier/calmer mommy.
  • James got his two front teeth! After a couple weeks of no sleep and a lot of tears (both his and mine) James has his two front top teeth. He is a little chomper now.
  • James 9 month doctor's appointment where we learned that he is tall and kinda slim for his age with a big head. Healthy and normal, yeah!
  • James said Mama! He has said it a few times in the past week and although it is not a regular word in his vocabulary yet, I melt each time it slips out of his mouth.
  • Talking with Ryan in the car on our many journeys to and fro. Talking about our goals for the coming year, sharing our struggles, our joy and our love for one another and more importantly our Savior.

I'm sure I am forgetting something but that's a pretty good list for now. Here are some photos that I took of the young man yesterday. (Click on the picture to view the whole album)

Love ya'll!

1/4/2009

1 comment: