Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wake up o sleeper

Putting James down for a nap during the day is a somewhat arduous task so I have been trying to create a routine that lets him know it is time to go to bed. First I change his diaper (whether is needs to be changed or not) then I swaddle him in a blanket so that his arms are strapped down (I know it seems cruel but he doesn't have complete control of his arms yet and if I don't do this they will flail in his sleep and inevitable wake him up.)then I nurse him until his little eyes begin to droop. Once he is good and sleepy and full of milk I gently walk him upstairs and put him in his bed........and then he wakes up!

This has been known to go on for more than an hour in the past but today I finally got smart. For some reason James find his car seat an awful place to be when we are in the car however once out of the car he can be quite content sitting in his little seat. So, after the first attempt at crib sleeping today I decided to lie him down in his car seat to see what would happen. Well it worked. My cute boy has been snoozing for over an hour in his car seat and I have been able to do some much needed chores around the old house.

Funny side note: James was so asleep in his seat that I was actually able to vacuum the room he was in and that did not wake him up....makes me wonder what's wrong with his bed.?

Here's a picture of James asleep in his seat....and a few other cute shots from today.









P.S. As soon as I finished typing this blog entry James woke up....how does he do it?

1 comment: