Friday, May 23, 2008

Shots : (

James had to get some vaccines today and it was no fun at all. He had just fallen asleep on my shoulder after his initial exam with the doctor when the nurse came in to administer the shots. The little guy was barely awake when she went to work on him and although she was very fast and efficient (and sweet about it all) James cried out in incredible pain immediately and broke my heart. Arggg, I'm crying again just writing about it......I'm such a girl.

James got two little band aids on his legs and as we walked out I stole him a Spiderman sticker because he was such a trooper. All in all James cried a little, I cried a little and Ryan stayed strong for us both......unlike James I waited till the nurse left the room to burst into tears.

As for the exam, we found out the James is now 11 lbs 5 oz (he was 8 lb 1 oz and 20.5inches long at birth) and he is 23.5 inches long. He is in the 50th percent for weight, the 75th percent for height and the 50th percent for head size. So he is tall and skinny with a very normal head. Everything else was normal and we were assured that we have a very healthy little guy on our hands, thank you Jesus!













1 comment:

  1. That last picture just breaks my heart. Stupid (but neccessary) booster shots!

    ReplyDelete