Friday, August 29, 2008

My alarm clock didn't go off

Since James was born I have not had a need for an alarm clock because, as you would imagine, I now have a living breathing one. The baby monitor sits beside our bed and as soon as so much as a peep is transmitted over the airwaves, my eyes open up and I creep down the hall to his room to assess the situation. Sometimes he roars like a lion and I know that he needs to be picked up right away, but other times he lets out the occasional sleepy squirrel noise and I know I can go back to bed for a bit.

Today however, my alarm clock didn't go off.

Ryan got up early for work, gave me a kiss goodbye, and let me know that the boy was still asleep but tossing around a bit so wake up time might be imminent. With this news in mind I mentally prepared myself to get up for the day (which was hard because we stayed up late last night watching two of my favorite shows ever....Iron Chef America and Ace of Cakes) but there were no noises and my pillow was calling me back.

So I layed my head back down and figured I would doze for a bit and wait for James to sound the alarm, but he didn't. Instead I woke up on my own an hour or so later completely confused and slightly freaked out.

Of course I sprung right out of bed thinking the worst but when I got to James room (in about .2 seconds) I saw a sweet little sight. James was lying on his back in his crib, crunched in the corner (this kid is definitely not claustrophobic), holding his toes in one hand with his other hand crammed in his mouth. He wasn't making any noise, just looking at his mobile and checking out his toes.

So, long story even longer, I got to sleep until 9:15 today and James is probably the cutest baby on the planet.....but I'm a little partial.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I love it when the baby can entertain himself so I can sleep...it's when they are older, like 6, when they can't seem to let you sleep past 6:45. :)

    ReplyDelete