Friday, August 8, 2008

Future James

It occured to me the other night as I lay in bed that James (God willing) is going to be a man one day. This small child that clings tightly to me when he cries and who giggles at toy monkeys will one day be all grown up. This thought made me both terrified and joyous and caused me to wonder what he'll be like. With this in mind I have written out a list of prayers that I have for my son:

James.....

I pray that you will be a man who loves Jesus and is humble enough to know that you cannot do anything apart from Him.

I pray that you will not measure the success of your life by what you have but by how you've loved and reflected Christ's love to others.

I pray that you will be a man of character and integrity and that you will truly love your neighbor as yourself.

I pray that I will not cling too tightly to you when it comes time for you to leave home but instead let you be the man you are supposed to be on your own.

I pray that you always remain close to your dad and even closer to your Father.

I pray that you will not waste your time with lots of "pretty" girls but instead wait for a beauty that loves the Lord and will love you too.

Finally, and most importantly, I pray that you will be a mighty warrior for God's kingdom and a faithful man of God.

That's all I've got for now but I am sure there will be more....

3 comments:

  1. You are such a fabulous mama! I am excited to pray these together as we do life as dear friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree in prayer for these things for sweet baby James and for the other precious children in our family. mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful prayer, I echo those for my own boys and girl.

    ReplyDelete