Thursday, June 12, 2008

Exercise

Since giving birth to my little boy I haven't stressed too much about getting back into shape however this past week I have been feeling kinda crummy. Perhaps it's the lovely October weather we've been having here in Seattle or maybe it's that I get winded running up our many flights of stairs. Either way it's time to get back on the workout wagon.

The problem that I've had however is how exactly to get exercise with a two month old in tow and a part time job to take care of.....well I may have the answer. Workout videos!

Yep, I am officially drawing the blinds and dancing/boxing my way back to a pre-pregnancy me, thanks to my friend Kelly who lent me a couple DVDs. Carrie, Jaime and Nicole will remember my (and Carrie's) workout video phase in college and now I am back at it.

Unfortunately, as Carrie will remember and probably chuckle to recall, I am not exactly gifted in the rhythm department. Today was my first video workout day and although I did work up a sweat, I am VERY glad that no one was able to see me as I stumbled through the steps....well except for James of course who laughed at me almost the entire time.

I kept trying to keep up with the ladies on the video but instead I found myself running into the coffee table, tripping over my feet and generally craving chocolate the whole time.

Oh well, at least I'm trying, maybe I'll be better at kickboxing......

1 comment:

  1. that is AWESOME!! i gotta tell ya though. i'm missing that kickboxing. let's do it together! maybe before our friday study? maybe there's not enough room though. anyway i am so proud of you! and aren't videos great?? let's hold each other accountable -- that's the hard part is slacking off. see you soon!

    ReplyDelete