Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baby Boy #2

Baby boy #2 is on his way and will making his grand entrance into the world on November 14th at 9:00am...or at least that's when we are scheduled to be at the hospital.

With less than two months until we get to meet our son I am finding myself overcome with emotion. Just today, after putting James down for a nap I started thinking about our new little man (as he kicked and wiggled in my tummy) and I couldn't hold back the tears. I am just so excited to have another son. A whole new person with his own personality, smile, giggle, smell and heart.

When I first found out I was pregnant with this little man I was excited but I wondered how I would love another child the way I love James. Today that has completely changed and I feel foolish for ever having that thought. I already love our littlest man more than I can put into words and I praise the Lord for giving us this unexpected little blessing. Just as my mom used to say about me when I was little (I was also an unexpected blessing) I never knew how much I needed this little guy until God brought him into our family and now I can't imagine our family without him.

I remember a woman that I know talking about children awhile back and how she feels like God gives us a whole new heart for each of our children as they come along. She talked about how you don't think you will have enough love or enough room in your heart for a new baby so God just gives you another heart that can be filled up for that new little blessing. I finally get this and I can't wait to meet him.....and tell you all his name.

2 comments:

  1. What a talented writer you are! Reading your post, I can feel your excitement about your upcoming birth. How wonderful of you to share this with your family. Love, Aunt Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post... I needed this reminding... you said, "I never knew how much I needed this little guy until God brought him into our family and now I can't imagine our family without him." ... I am still so overwhelmed at the idea of another baby so soon in our life, that I've lost sight that it he or she is a gift from our Heavenly Father and that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
    Thanks Annie! Love you and looking forward to loving your littlest guy!

    ReplyDelete