Friday, November 7, 2008

Things I love this week

I am having a moment of overwhelming thankfulness and so I've decided to create a top 10 list. Here is a list of 10 things I have loved this week:

1) That as I sit here typing I can hear my sweet husband over the baby monitor as he sings songs to our baby boy, slowly lulling him to sleep. This is what I refer to as the Daddy Magic and Ryan has it.

2) That Ryan spoke these words this week and they made me crack up: "Sneeze vomit and nugget poop makes for a stinky combination." You can leave it up to your own imagination.

3) That we got to have a really nice evening at Adam and Nicole's house on Friday and FINALLY see their new place....which isn't really that new anymore. Dinner was wonderful (who knew Nicole could cook so well?!) and I loved spending time with my lovely Nicole, my oldest friend in Washington and a beautiful woman who I love. Oh yeah, and her husband's pretty great too!

4) Talking/crying to my husband about the things that are weighing on me and being completely vulnerable with him. Feeling so much better, almost lighter, afterwards.

5) Seeing, and feeling, James get his THIRD tooth! Can you believe it?!

6) Watching my little boy learn. It is so amazing how fast he learns new things. One day he tries to pull himself up on the coffee table and three days later he's a pro. I am so thankful for my sweet boy.

7) Hearing our pastor preach the truth of the bible. Specifically the series that we are in right now going through Song of Solomon and talking frankly about what the bible says about sex and marital love. Thank you Lord for marriage and the amazing intimacy and freedom we can have with our spouse.

8) Meeting with two of my favorite ladies on Thursday and talking about Jesus and praying together.

9) Watching as our church body banded together to pray without ceasing for a sick boy and a sweet pregnant friend who is trying to keep her baby in her tummy as long as possible. Seeing prayers answered.

10) My husband. "His mouth is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend." Song of Solomon 6:16

Here are some photos of our week:
November week 1

No comments:

Post a Comment