Thursday, April 10, 2008

The beginning

I'm back and hopefully I will be a dedicated blogger once again as I seem to have embarked on a VERY excited chapter in my life and will most likely have a lot to say. Now, what to say today.....I suppose I'll start at the beginning.

Labor was harder and far more painful that I had ever imagined in my head (sorry to those of you who have yet to face it) but looking back I can say that it was also quite beautiful. The experience of bringing our son into the world revealed to me a new side of my husband and we now have a stronger and more intense bond that was not there before. Ryan's strength and support amazed me throughout the entire labor but it was really his emotion and his humble soul that took my breath away. Don't ask me to explain what this means, I think only he and I can understand.

James' arrival into the world was a bit rocky and things did not go according to plan but the Lord had a plan that I am certain was/is far better than my own and James is now here safe and sound. The labor ended (after many hours of contractions and pushing) with a c-section and a 8 lb beautiful little boy....our son.

James is amazing and as I write this he is nursing and staring up at me with those gorgeous little eyes that seem to emulate his father's eyes perfectly. He is healthy and very strong and all I can do is thank the Lord for this addition to our family. Thank you Jesus for trusting us with this child and for allowing us the honor of being his parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment