Thursday, August 19, 2010

An Anniversary Story...and fun with Mr Potato Head parts


Today Ryan and I have been married for 4 years! I was excited for the day when I woke up but since we are planning on celebrating tomorrow night I didn't really gear up for any substantial anniversary festivities at all. Little did I know.......that my husband had something else in mind.

Here's the scene: It's 7am and the kids were still tucked away in bed as I quietly begin to assemble Ryan's lunch when he says to me:

"You don't have to make me a lunch today because.......I took the day off!"

WHAT??!!!!!

I actually cannot explain how much joy this gave me. A whole extra day with my love?! Are you kidding me, talk about speaking my love language. But he didn't stop there. The next words out of his mouth were:

"And you have a hair appointment at 9am to get a cut and color."

WHAAAAAAATTTTTT???!!!!!!!

To be completely honest I haven't had my hair done since December and I have literally been dreaming about a few hours in that chair to recharge and feel feminine again. Thank you Mr. Singletary, you are seriously speaking my love language now. If this wasn't enough he then comes at me with :

"Oh and I'm off tomorrow too.!"

Oh my word. BEST ANNIVERSARY PRESENT EVER. The hair is nice icing on the cake but seriously, a four day weekend with my love. Oh man he's good....he even contacted a friend of mine and my sister who I had plans with today and let them in on the secret and canceled our date.

So off I went for many hours of girl talk with my new favorite stylist to be pampered and prettied (Not a real word but I'm going with it) while my sweet husband played with the kids all morning long.

Tonight I am a very happy, very blonde, girl who got a day of pampering and time with my guys that included a whole lot of silliness. Here are some shots from the night..... fun with Mr. Potato Head parts.




Oh and Will is standing up on everything this week! It's really cute, I swear he'll be walking tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE you, love your hair, love your silly boys, and love that your husband loves you like this :). happy anniversary my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What thoughtful gifts for Ryan to give you!

    ReplyDelete