Monday, May 4, 2009

What's happening lately

We have had a fun week. The munchkin has really taken to this walking thing and he's starting to be a little more vocal which has been unexpected but really cool at the same time.

To date James can say the following things:

  • All done (which sounds like ada)
  • Dada
  • Hi (he rarely says this word because he prefers waving but I've heard it a few times)
  • Nana (this is more of a sounds he makes however one of his grandmas is called Nana so I'm hoping he'll make the connection soon and know what he's saying.)
  • Roar (when we ask him what a lion says, he also makes a monkey noise when we ask what a monkey says but I'm not sure how to spell that one)
  • Ba ba (when asked what a sheep says)
and

  • Mama* This one gets an asterisk because he has actually said this word a number of times but he doesn't know what it means. In fact Ryan figured out earlier this week that James thinks my name is Dada too, ugh! So I'm trying to retrain him...he'll get this one day, right?

In other news, I got laid off last week so I am unemployed for at least two months at the end of which my company says they will (probably) bring me back at a different pay rate and with fewer duties. Ryan and I aren't worried, we are just continuing to trust in the Lord and His plan for us however we would appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. it's ok to say on this blog that you went to Kalle's shower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah sorry, the most fun part of my week was Kalle's shower and seeing her cute little twinsy belly.

    ReplyDelete