Friday, December 19, 2008

Ryan in his element

The crazy weather that we're having (18-30 degrees, ice, snow etc.) seems to bring out the best and worst in people and today I have seen both.

The sun has been shining all day and although it is still pretty frigid outside we thought it might be possible to make it to a store or two and get out of the house. The problem is however, that we live on a hill that is covered in snow/ice and we weren't sure if it was drivable. So Ryan and his constantly cautious self said that we should slowly creep down our street and stop at the end before descending the hill to assess the situation.

Well we found out pretty quick, by the three to four stranded cars, that we would not be driving any further. We also found a few nice neighbors that needed help......and one not so nice neighbor who wanted to get off the hill in his big SUV and was frustrated with the stranded folks.

If you know Ryan at all you know that he loves to help people and possibly more than that, he loves to help people if it means wielding a shovel or any other manly type of tool. So as the pictures below show you, as soon as we saw one of our neighbors stuck in the snow and scared of sliding down further Ryan grabbed his shovel and got another neighbor to join in on clearing the road. (By the way, he didn't know I was taking pictures or that I am writing this blog right now since he is still out in the snow helping other neighbors to free their cars and clear the road.)

Ryan has been outside shoveling the street for about 2+ hours now and last time I checked there was an almost clear path from our street to the bottom of the hill. A few other neighbors have joined in so James and I brought them a big jug of water and cups and they are plugging along.

I love my husband and I love the way he loves people. Thank you Jesus for giving Ryan a heart for others.





James and Mommy watching the action.

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing Ryan is to our lives. I'm so thankful to be his other mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it.

    Wish I had him out here to help with the Colorado winter...man oh man is it cold. I think we got negative temps (ambient) again this weekend...and snow. Blech.

    ReplyDelete